Monday, April 7, 2014

Where I Will Stand


General Conference was as incredible as I was hoping it would be.
Whenever they say the last remarks I am so sad it is ending, I want it to go on for several days.
I always feel like I have been infused with enthusiasm to work harder,
commitment to try more, 
and courage to stand stronger.

I feel like we are being prepared to withstand many whirlwinds of unrighteousness.
Keep the commandments, read your scriptures, pray with real intent 
was the counsel repeated over and over.
I can see that we are moving into turbulent times with the church.
They are not going to relent, nor should they, to the pressures of change.
If they did it wouldn't be Christ's church, it would be man's church.
Each of us are going to need to decide where we stand.
The battles are coming.  They have been prophesied.
I want to be ready and willing, prepared physically as well as spiritually.
I will always stand on the Lord's side. 

 Some of my favorite quotes from this conference.

"Even if 'Everyone is doing it'...Wrong is NEVER right."
Elder Russell M Nelson

"Pure Christ like love can change the world"
Elder Jeffery R Holland

"Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load.  But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness.  Because our individual load needs to generate spiritual traction, we should be careful to not haul around in our lives so many nice but unnecessary things that we are distracted and diverted from the things that matter most."
Elder David A Bednar

"How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the Rainbow before thanking God that there is rain."
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"These are your days--To stand strong as Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ"
Elder Neil L Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment