Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Empowerment

Jeff and I recently returned from spending four days at Front Sight in Neveda
doing handgun training.
Awesome is the only word that describes it.
It is intense and invigorating.
The facilities are impressive, the quality of instruction is top notch.
Safety is their main consideration along with respecting your weapon.
The days are long and exhausting.
One day we were hot and sweaty 
and the next day we were dressed in coats and braving serious wind gusts as we shot.
They never stop, never apologize for the weather, never cut it short.
It is by far the most empowering thing I have ever done.

I am a woman, an older woman I must admit,
but now I can handle a handgun.  
I can shoot a handgun accurately,
and I understand the ramifications of using it.  
I am Empowered!!

 We would shoot, check our shots, tape them and shoot again.
 The 1911 Boys
 Our partners in "Crime"?
 Not a bad shot for an old lady!! (It is a one inch square)
Jeff shot incredible the entire four days!!!
 The last two days you conceal your weapon with a jacket or vest before you draw to shoot.
They just want to add one more thing to think about to make it more complicated.
 Jeff rescuing me from the hostage takers.  I had no doubt he would save me.
Unfortunately when I was rescuing him I clipped his clavicle.  It was not life threatening.  
Our instructor, Rena.  The range master and line coaches were all male
so it was nice to have a female instruct us.  
We made good friends with her so we could get a little extra help.

I will be back!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment