Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gone Fishin'

The cute guys that work for Jeff always give us an incredible Christmas gift.  They are so good and kind to us, but then I think Jeff is a remarkable employer.  
This year we received a guided fly fishing trip on the Green River.  
The wives at our Christmas Dinner were afraid I would not like it, 
but I was thrilled because Jeff has told me for years how beautiful floating the Green River is.
A couple of years ago I made a "55 Things to do while I was 55"
and one of them was learning to fly fish which I didn't accomplish that year
 so this was a great place to learn.
 Isn't he handsome?  Love that little mischievous smile.
We had a guide Extraordinaire!!
Cody Banks.  
He has been a guide at Green River for 17 years and he is only 34.
He was amazing.  He taught me well.
My very first fish caught on a fly rod.  
I actually caught several that day.
I'm a little spoiled now with fly fishing because we started at the top.
I always want to fish on the Green River with a guide!!
Jeff of course, was an expert already, but I think he learned several helpful hints from Cody.
  The Green River was absolutely stunning.  
The water is pristine and the Canyon is beautiful.
What an incredible day and experience.
Thanks UCP guys for a wonderful gift.
Until next summer, I hope to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment